Thursday 25 April 2013

Parenting with Love and Logic


Dear Vedant,

I am reading this book right now and it really speaks to my heart and mind. When I mentioned to Robyn, a friend at work that I am reading this, she said “That’s perfect, that’s exactly you, love and logic”. I felt so good J The book talks about four things:

  • Teaching you that you are a great person, "self-concept"
  • Sharing control with you
  • Helping you to "think" for yourself
  • Teaching you to be responsible, "consequences"
The book also mentions, several times, that we should keep anger, frustration out of the disciplining effort. It is going to be hard to do, but I think that is really what is needed. Especially for me. Last week I fired you, perhaps the worst you have got for taking the artificial flowers and playing with them. I also got mad because I thought you were going to hit Anika with them. I am sorry. I should not have done that. Next time, I will follow the book and do the “Uh-oh” routine, with Love.

Lots and lots of love to you kanna. Wish I could hold you right now and give you a kiss.
Amma

No comments:

Post a Comment