Sunday 12 May 2013

India Trip and the dichotomy in being a Mom and a child.

Dear Vedant,


My two week trip to India to take care of Amma has been a learning experience. When I left, I was really sad to leave you and go. Through out the journey, I would see other kids and ache to see you. I was also worried about Avva. As soon as I saw her in the ICU though, I knew immediately that I did the right thing. She needed me, so did Thatha. She was not in good shape at all. And I think, for the first time, I saw Thatha rattled like that. I don’t know what it was. Anyhow, I did as much as I could and took care of them both. And Geethu peddamma came and took over from me.

I am returning, with mixed feelings though. When I was leaving them to board my plane in India, I felt great pain in leaving them behind and then the great joy that I know awaits me at home. It is a strange feeling. One day I will tell you, how I sort of came of age at the fag end of this trip. One day, you will too. I will be there for you then too, as I am now.

Lots of Love Kanna, see you soon,
Amma

No comments:

Post a Comment