Wednesday 26 October 2011

Happy Diwali!!




Dear Vedant,

Here is wishing you a Happy Diwali! You my dear are the light of my life and this is the festival of lights. When you are little older, I will explain all the stories and legends about our festivals. I wasn't a very religious or traditional person earlier, but now, with you, I am doing as much as I can so that you learn about where your come from, what our traditions are and why. I want you to have memories of your childhood, happy ones about little things we did, like how we celebrated diwali or hung out at the zoo.

Diwali this year was on a weekday, and being in the US, we didn't have a chutti. I took a holiday. Daddy worked from home. Aunty was home with us and helped us out with all the prep. I made Dahi Puri, poori, raita, rice, paneer burji, bhindi and chole. For dessert I made kheer and attempted to make Badam burfi, but that didn't work well.

I couldn't spend as much time with you as I wanted too, but that's for now. When you are older, you will be able to participate in the Diwali celebrations, we will light diyas together, decorate the house, puja room and do an aarti. It is going to be so much fun!

You looked so cute in your dhoti-kurta. First new dhoti-kurta for you, avva sent it. She has excellent taste. We also had Arshiya, Rohini Aunty and Anurag Uncle for Dinner. We all had a great time, it really felt like Diwali. Otherwise, it would have been lonely.

Chalo bacha. Amma has a busy Sunday. I have got so much to do sweetie. I need to flannel body suit for you.

Take care,
Taruna

No comments:

Post a Comment