Wednesday 11 December 2013

First Week of Pre-School

Dear Vedant,

You are asleep in bed right now. Today was Day 8 of Pre-school. You are doing so much better this week, today was great too. Thank you for being a great kiddo at adjusting to new things.

Week 1 was not so good. You were crying at drop off, during the day. It was awful to pick up a crying you. I think you had trouble with the language and also did not know that we would return at the end of the day to pick you up. My work is not so busy right now and it has been easier to pick you up early too. You are not learning much yet at School but just settling in is a good sign. Week 1 was hard on Papa and I.

Yesterday, Papa was reading a book and you asked him to hold the book like Miss. Monique does in School, facing the kids :) I was putting the "Hands are not for hitting" book in your School bag and you told me, "Amma, School me already books he". You are getting the hang of it :)

In a week you seem to walk around like you own the space. I love it. However, please stop the throwing toys phase - not cool. You and I had a talk about that today. Btw, Miss Helen seems to like you so. She laid down next to you and patted you down, stroked your hair to help you nap on Day 2. On Monday you were really sleepy and you said to Miss Monique "I wanna nap.". I am so proud of you and happy that you are able to communicate your needs. Be confident. Be gentle too.

Lots of love,
Amma

No comments:

Post a Comment